International School Eindhoven, Primary School
The International School Eindhoven provides more than just the education of students because in addition to providing courses which comply with the highest international standards, the school will also have a campus which serves as a meeting place for international families with their children. We have 454 pupils in our department from around 38 countries providing a rich diversity of language and culture. Our common language is English, the language of instruction but we provide a strong framework to enable our students to become proficient in English. Our teachers also reflect our rich cultural diversity: currently native countries include Australia, Peru, England, Germany, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, the Republic of Ireland, Scotland, United States of America and Wales. Their unity lies in their commitment to providing a warm, safe and secure base for our students to thrive as learners.
INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL EINDHOVEN
Dutch as a Foreign Language Teacher
We are seeking a part time, outstanding teacher to teach Dutch as a foreign language in our Primary Department. We are looking for enthusiastic and committed teachers, preferably with at least two years teaching experience, to join our successful team. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an up to date knowledge of how to effectively teach a foreign language giving examples of the most appropriate strategies.
A willingness to work collaboratively, plan, prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes and age groups and to meet the needs of all learners is essential, as is the desire to work closely with parents and to support school events.
- dynamic, passionate and inspirational teacher;
- eligible to work in the EU;
- a good knowledge of the Dutch culture;
- a fluent Dutch speaker;
- a good level of English;
- qualified teacher with at least 2 years’ experience of teaching Primary aged students;
- able to work together with an established team of language teachers.
You need to have:
- primary school teaching experience;
- experience of, or an enthusiasm to teach through a themed based approach;
- excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching strategies and educational methodologies;
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
- excellent communication skills and the ability to function well within a teaam.
What we offer:
- a friendly and supportive staff, well behaved children who are eager to learn;
- a temporary, part time appointment until the end of the school year (with the option to be
- salary: grading scale takes place in L10 (min. € 2.563,– max € 3.910,- at 1.0 FTE);
- good benefits
This is a part time position for 3 afternoons per week with the possibility of becoming full days later.