International School Eindhoven, Secondary School
The International School Eindhoven provides more than just the education of students because in addition to providing courses which comply with the highest international standards, the school will also have a campus which serves as a meeting place for international families with their children. We have 454 pupils in our department from around 38 countries providing a rich diversity of language and culture. Our common language is English, the language of instruction but we provide a strong framework to enable our students to become proficient in English. Our teachers also reflect our rich cultural diversity: currently native countries include Australia, Peru, England, Germany, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, the Republic of Ireland, Scotland, United States of America and Wales. Their unity lies in their commitment to providing a warm, safe and secure base for our students to thrive as learners.
Temporary Teacher to work in Care Department
Hours: full time (FTE 1,0) (part-time can also be considered)
Pay scale: LB teacher
Starting date: as soon as possible
Position requirements and expectations
Outline of the role:
The ISE Secondary Department is searching for a Teacher to work within the Care Department until the end of the school year (31 July 2019). This role will be focussed on the guidance and support of students within the care department.
Main responsibilities include:
- Teach (small) diverse groups;
- Systematically work with students on achieving goals;
- Structure assignments, essays and reports to ensure these are accessible for care students;
- Coaches, guides and supports the year tutor, teachers and other relevant stakeholders in relation with the approach of the involved student or group of students.
Knowledge and skills
- General knowledge of and insights in learning, behavioural, nurture and social bound problems;
- Ability to signal and interpret behavioural problems which form obstacles in the learning process;
- Skilled in dealing with and stimulating of students and the ability to connect to the needed learning strategy, needs, level, learning contents and interests of the student.
Requirements for the position are:
- a (DUO validated) teaching degree;
- a good command of spoken and written English;
- excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching and educational methodologies;
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
- good communication skills and the ability to function well within a team.
- a temporary, full time employment until the end of the school year;
- salary: grading scale takes place in LB scale (min. € 2689 – max € 4098 at 1.0 FTE);
- good benefits.
Should you be interested in applying for this position, please send an email no later than Friday 15th February to email@example.com and marked for the attention of Marcella Watts, Head of the Secondary Department.
Please note that your teaching qualifications have to have been validated and recognised by the Dutch authorities before we can consider offering you employment.
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuurt u uw sollicitatie naar firstname.lastname@example.org