International School Eindhoven, Secondary School
Het Stedelijk College Eindhoven is een school met een breed onderwijsaanbod van hoge kwaliteit. Als uitgangspunten gaan wij uit van vijf kernkwaliteiten: ontwikkelingsgerichtheid, transparantie, veiligheid, respect en intercultureel gedrag. Naast kennisoverdracht en het ontwikkelen van vaardigheden is er ook aandacht voor een brede maatschappelijke en persoonlijke vorming van de leerlingen en hun creatieve ontwikkeling.
The ISE Secondary Department invites applications from qualified, experienced and enthusiastic teachers of Performing Arts (Drama) to start in the schoolyear 2020-2021 (1 August 2020).
This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a vibrant, growing school. We are looking for committed teachers, to join our successful team who are willing to work collaboratively, plan, prepare and deliver lessons to meet all our students’ learning needs. You will both teach the IB Middle Years and Diploma Programme.
The ISE has been authorised by the Community of International Schools (CIS) and New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). The Secondary Department is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School offering the IB Middle Years (MYP) and IB Diploma Programme.
- provide students with relevant learning experiences;
- have effective teaching strategies to meet the needs of our diverse student body;
- effectively engage students by using a variety of teaching strategies;
- be committed to international-mindedness and the ISE mission and vision.
Requirements for the position are:
- a (DUO validated) teaching degree for secondary education;
- a good command of spoken and written English;
- experience of, or an enthusiasm to use the International Baccalaureate Middle Years and Diploma Programmes;
- excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching and educational methodologies;
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
- the ability to contribute to interdisciplinary projects;
- a willingness to contribute to the wider life of our school;
- good communication skills and the ability to function well within a team;
- ability to also teach music is an advantage.
- a challenging job in a dynamic international environment;
- appointment on a temporary basis for 0.7000 FTE from 1 August 2020 with the option to become permanent;
- the current Collective Agreement for Teachers (CAO VO) is applicable for this role;
- grading scale (01-06-2019) takes place in scale LB (min € 2.747,- max € 4.186,-);
- end of year and holiday bonus.
Should you be interested in applying for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of Marcella Watts, Head of the ISE Secondary Department, including the following: (1) a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for this position; (2) a current cv, including phone numbers, e-mail address; and (3) the names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least 2 referees.
The closing date for applications is 31 January 2020.