International School Eindhoven, Secondary School
The International School Eindhoven provides more than just the education of students because in addition to providing courses which comply with the highest international standards, the school will also have a campus which serves as a meeting place for international families with their children. We have 454 pupils in our department from around 38 countries providing a rich diversity of language and culture. Our common language is English, the language of instruction but we provide a strong framework to enable our students to become proficient in English. Our teachers also reflect our rich cultural diversity: currently native countries include Australia, Peru, England, Germany, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, the Republic of Ireland, Scotland, United States of America and Wales. Their unity lies in their commitment to providing a warm, safe and secure base for our students to thrive as learners.
Hours: part time (FTE 0,511)
Pay scale: OOP scale 5
Starting date: as soon as possible
Position requirements and expectations
Outline of the role:
This position is a maternity replacement. The Educational Assistant is a member of the school’s support staff (OOP). The Educational Assistant position involves a combination of tasks which supports the Care Team within the secondary department.
Key knowledge and skills required for this position are:
- Support and guide (small) diverse groups of students within the Care Department;
- Support students on achieving goals;
- Be flexible and able to adapt to daily routines and needs of the Care Department;
- Assist teachers with the practical preparation of lessons and with compiling assignments;
- Work safely with individual and (small) groups of students.
Requirements for the position are:
- a good command of spoken and written English;
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
- a willingness to contribute to the wider life of our school;
- good communication skills and the ability to function well within a team.
- a temporary, part time (0.5110 FTE) employment until the end of the school year;
- salary: grading scale takes place in scale 5 (min. € 1773 – max € 2533 at 1.0 FTE);
- good benefits.
Should you be interested in applying for this position, please send an email no later than Friday 15th February to email@example.com and marked for the attention of Marcella Watts, Head of the Secondary Department.