Website International School Eindhoven, Primary School
Position: Teaching Assistant
Hours: 0.5 FTE with a possible increase to 1.0 as the Foundation group grows
Starting date: 6 January 2020
The International School Eindhoven has a temporary job opening for a part time Teaching Assistant in the upper foundation class for students aged 4. Students in the dual language foundation class are exposed to both Dutch and English. The Curriculum is based on the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum from the UK. Children in the upper foundation class learn by playing and exploring, being active, and through creative and critical thinking which takes place both indoors and outside.
Applicants should, under the direction and guidance of the class teacher:
- assist in the educational and social development of students;
- supporting students with their educational needs;
- conducting assessments, observations and various administrative tasks;
- encouraging students to play together;
- listening to students;
- caring for students in case of accidents;
- teaming up with other professionals.
Requirements for the position are:
- eligible to work in the EU;
- a fluent Dutch speaker with proficiency in English;
- previous experience working as a teaching assistant in an educational setting is required;
- being creative and flexible;
- being patient and well-organized;
- being energetic and responsible;
- able to work effectively within a team.
What we offer:
- a friendly and supportive staff and motivated students who are eager to learn;
- a temporary appointment until the end of the school year;
- Grading scale takes place in scale 4 (min. € 1610 – max € 2298 at 1.0 FTE);
- the current collective agreement for primary education (CAO PO) is applicable for this role.
To apply, please send a letter of application and CV to Human Resources at email@example.com
If you need more information about this vacancy you can contact Joan Roach, Head of Primary International at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 11th December 2019 as interviews will take place during the week of 17th December 2019