International School Eindhoven, Primary School
The International School Eindhoven provides more than just the education of students because in addition to providing courses which comply with the highest international standards, the school will also have a campus which serves as a meeting place for international families with their children. We have 454 pupils in our department from around 38 countries providing a rich diversity of language and culture. Our common language is English, the language of instruction but we provide a strong framework to enable our students to become proficient in English. Our teachers also reflect our rich cultural diversity: currently native countries include Australia, Peru, England, Germany, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, the Republic of Ireland, Scotland, United States of America and Wales. Their unity lies in their commitment to providing a warm, safe and secure base for our students to thrive as learners.
We are seeking a part time, outstanding teacher to teach English as a foreign language for the lower school (groups 1 and 2) to work in the Dutch Department. We are looking for enthusiastic and committed teachers, preferably with at least two years teaching experience, to join our successful team. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an up to date knowledge of how to effectively teach English as a foreign language giving examples of the most appropriate strategies.
A willingness to work collaboratively, plan, prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes and age groups and to meet the needs of all learners is essential, as is the desire to work closely with parents and to support school events.
- dynamic, innovative, passionate and inspirational teacher;
- able to contribute to a close school community and work as part of a dynamic team;
- flexible and open to new ideas;
- an experienced educator who has experience of working with students with many different social, emotional and educational needs and coming from different cultural backgrounds who do not speak English as their first language;
- a fluent English speaker, proficiency in English;
- knowlegde of the Dutch language;
- eligible to work in the EU.
You need to have:
- Primary school teaching qualification;
- Primary school teaching experience;
- experience of, or an enthusiasm to teach through a themed based approach;
- excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching strategies and educational methodologies;
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds.
What we offer:
- Friendly and supportive staff, well behaved children who are eager to learn;
- a temporary, part time appointment until the end of the school year (with the option to be made permanent);
- salary: grading scale takes place in L10 (min. € 2.563,– max € 3.910,- at 1.0 FTE)
This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a vibrant and expanding school. Should you be interested in applying for this position, please send an email no later than 5 April 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org and marked for the attention of Daphne Dansen, Head of the ISE Primary Dutch, including the following: (1) a cover letter explaining the candidate’s interest in and qualifications for this position; (2) a current cv, including phone numbers, e-mail address; and (3) the names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of 2 referees.
Please note that your teaching qualifications have to have been validated and recognised by the Dutch authorities before we can consider offering you employment.