International School Eindhoven, Primary School
The International School Eindhoven provides more than just the education of students because in addition to providing courses which comply with the highest international standards, the school will also have a campus which serves as a meeting place for international families with their children. We have 454 pupils in our department from around 38 countries providing a rich diversity of language and culture. Our common language is English, the language of instruction but we provide a strong framework to enable our students to become proficient in English. Our teachers also reflect our rich cultural diversity: currently native countries include Australia, Peru, England, Germany, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, the Republic of Ireland, Scotland, United States of America and Wales. Their unity lies in their commitment to providing a warm, safe and secure base for our students to thrive as learners.
Are you a visionary educator? Someone who cares deeply about helping young people to realise their potential? Do you have experience leading and implementing change in schools? Are you resilient, decisive, and able to establish and maintain strong professional relationships across a multicultural community? Would you like to contribute to the leaning and teaching of students within an international and fast-changing environment? Then, please read on!
As a result of our continuing growth and expansion, the ISE is now looking for a Deputy Director, who will work with colleagues across the school to realize our vision as a progressive IB World School.
Our school serves internationally-minded families from across local and expatriate communities within the Eindhoven region and particularly those families just arriving or moving overseas. Through our preschool, primary and secondary departments we have the ability to serve children from these families on the same campus.
Whilst providing an exceptional education for young people, we also support our parents, and invite the local community to share the international experience. We value bilingual education, are committed to sharing our knowledge and experience with other schools in the region, and fully appreciate the important role we play in the Brainport Region’s continuing economic expansion.
Our aim is to educate and inspire our students to become creative, resilient and responsible citizens who will thrive and be happy within an ever-changing world.
As individuals, and as a school, we value learning, and believe that everyone must continue to develop and improve. Thus, we are an accredited member of the Council of International Schools, and regularly undertake whole school self-evaluation and review. Currently we are aligning curriculums and pedagogies across the school, and striving to enhance the use of technologies to develop the co-creativity of our students.
As Deputy Director, you will have a critical role in shaping the strategic direction of the ISE, in aligning our curriculums, and in supporting colleagues in their professional development. Like our students and teachers, you will be expected to continue to learn.
We will offer you: (i) a supportive community of parents who truly value education, and (ii) membership into our professional community of educators; teachers who believe that students learn best when they are known and cared for.
Essential responsibilities and objectives:
As the Deputy Head of Campus you will be responsible for a diverse range of operational and strategic matters of institutional importance. As an educational leader, you will Deputise for the Director in his absence, make presentations, offer workshops, and take part in Performance Review of colleagues. You will lead the accreditation process with the Council of International Schools, help write the CIS Annual updates, and take the lead in other quality assurance and compliance aspects. You will also undertake a review of all appropriate policies and procedures, be a member of the school Senior Leadership Team, and provide coordination and oversight in the development and progress monitoring of defined core initiatives for all three divisions. You will support the Director in liaising with internal and external stakeholders, oversee all school operations, manage key budgets, and undertake administrative duties to support the Principals of each of the three departments
You strategically meet and plan with the Director and other leaders within the school. In particular, you will take sole responsibility for the Technology and ICT Strategic Plan, which is one of our key priorities for realising our vision for learning and teaching. You will also action and help review our Strategic 4-Year Plan, while supporting the Director in writing the Annual Report. In cooperation with other school leaders you will review and discuss all external examination reports, plan the study days, and table agreed actions within the Leadership Teams. Finally, you will help us in the furtherance of an innovative and creative culture.
You provide added value by managing and supporting operations within the campus, ensuring for efficiency and the effective management of staff. With the assistance of our Facilities Manager you will take responsibility for the Facilities Team, Technology, and Catering. You will make decisions about operational building matters regarding the efficient use of the offices and classrooms in terms of interior design and furniture. Therefore you should have insight into effective timetabling on a tactical and strategic level, and help us understand and manage all issues in relation to growth. You will attend the ISE Tactical Buildings Meetings and line manage the Facility Manager and cooperate with him in taking care of all issues relating to health and safety, risk assessment and the organization of events. Finally you will also help the principals to set the budgets for teams within their departments.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree is required with qualified teacher status in home country; an advanced degree is preferred;
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in international education;
- Knowledge of the basics of finance and accounting, and experience in monitoring budgets;
- 5+ years of experience in project management, change management and/or strategic planning;
- Experience in leading organizational effectiveness or change management in education including setting goals and objectives, and writing policies and procedures;
- Experience leading teams that promote collegiality, equity, integrity and innovation;
- Experience working in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment;
- Team player with great energy and creativity, able to work within the overall structure of the ISE;
- Able to develop and interpret data, and manage resources to drive improvement;
- Commitment to the vision and value of the ISE, and able to inspire others to show the same level of commitment.
- The ability to speak Dutch would be an asset (but not a requirement);
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of diverse individuals and constituent groups;
- Ability to write correspondence, talking points, various communication reports and develop high quality presentations for a variety of internal and external audiences.
- A challenging job in a dynamic international environment within the Brainport; an
innovative world-class top technology region;
- Appointment on a temporary basis for one year with a prospect of a permanent contract;
- Work factor will be 1.0 Full Time Equivalent;
- The current Collective Agreement for Teachers (CAO VO) is applicable for this role;
- Grading scale takes place in scale 13 (min € 4.225,- max € 5.886,-);
- End of year bonus 7.4%;
- Other benefits.
Please send your application letter and resume to Roy White, Director ISE, via email@example.com before 8 March 2019. If you are interested in further information, please contact Roy White on +31 (0)40 – 251 9437