The ISE Secondary department invites applications from qualified, experienced and enthusiastic teachers for the school year 2019-2020.
- Mathematics, part time position
- English Language Acquisition, part time position
Position requirements and expectations
The ISE runs both the IB (International Baccalaureate) Middle Years and Diploma Programme.
Requirements for teaching positions at the ISE, are a relevant university degree, a recognized teaching qualification, native speaker proficiency in English and previous experience of the International Baccalaureate programmes and international education are preferred.
Pay scale: LB teacher
Starting date: August 2019
- provide students with relevant learning experiences;
- have effective teaching strategies to meet the needs of our diverse student body;
- effectively engage students by using a variety of teaching strategies;
- be committed to international-mindedness and the ISE mission and vision.
Requirements for the position are:
- a (DUO validated) teaching degree for secondary education;
- a good command of spoken and written English;
- experience of, or an enthusiasm to use the International Baccalaureate Middle Years and Diploma Programmes;
- excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching and educational methodologies;
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
- the ability to contribute to interdisciplinary projects;
- a willingness to contribute to the wider life of our school;
- good communication skills and the ability to function well within a team.
Applications must be submitted by email. Please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae with possible references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 30 May 2019.
- A challenging job in a dynamic international environment;
- Appointment on a temporary basis for one year with a prospect of a permanent contract;
- The current Collective Agreement for Teachers (CAO VO) is applicable for this role;
- Grading scale (01-06-2019) takes place in scale LB (min € 2.747,- max € 4.186,-);
- End of year bonus 7.4%;
- Other benefits.
Should you be interested in applying for this position, please send an email to email@example.com marked for the attention of Marcella Watts, Head of the ISE Secondary Department, including the following: (1) a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for this position; (2) a current cv, including phone numbers, e-mail address; and (3) the names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least 2 referees.